Terms Of Sale
These Terms of Sale (these “Terms”) apply to the purchase and sale of tickets, passes, season passes, parking passes, products and services (each, an “Item”) through a website or a mobile application operated by Herschend Entertainment Company, LLC d/b/a Herschend Family Entertainment or its subsidiaries (the “Online Service”). These Terms are subject to change by Herschend Entertainment Company, LLC d/b/a Herschend Family Entertainment or its subsidiaries (referred to as “Herschend”, “us”, “we”, or “our” as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion.
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR ITEMS FROM THIS ONLINE SERVICE (EACH, AN "ORDER"), YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SALE. YOU AFFIRM THAT IF YOU PLACE AN ORDER ON BEHALF OF AN ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY, YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND ANY SUCH ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY TO THESE TERMS OF SALE.
- Modification of these Terms of Sale. We may revise these Terms from time to time, and you should review these Terms to which you are bound at the time of placement of an Order.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your Order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all Items listed in your Order. All Orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the Items to you. We may choose not to accept Orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your Order number and details of the Items you have Ordered, as the payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an Order.
- Prices and Payment Terms. Prices posted on this Online Service may be different from prices offered by us at other locations. All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Online Service are subject to change without notice. The price charged for an Item will be the price in effect at the time the Order is placed and will be set out in your Order confirmation email. Price increases will only apply to Orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling, if applicable. All such taxes and charges will be added to your invoice, and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your Order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information; however, we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any Orders arising from such occurrences.
We may offer from time to time promotions on the Online Service that may affect pricing and that are governed by terms and conditions separate from, or in addition to, these Terms. If there is a conflict between the terms for a promotion and these Terms, the promotion terms will govern.
Terms of payment are within our sole discretion, and, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an Order. We accept the payment methods displayed on the Online Service at the time of placement of an Order. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card or other payment information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card or other payment method for the purchase of the Items, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company or any other third party required to effectuate payment, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Online Service at the time of your Order.
- Additional Terms and Conditions. The following terms and conditions apply to Items purchased pursuant to these Online Services and to the properties owned or operated by Herschend (each, a “Property” and collectively, the “Properties”):
- Tickets, passes, and season passes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and will not be exchanged. Herschend is not responsible for duplicated, damaged, lost or stolen tickets, passes, or season passes. A replacement fee may apply in the event Herschend determines, in its discretion, to replace any duplicated, damaged, lost or stolen tickets, passes, or season passes.
- Unauthorized sales or resales of tickets, passes, or season passes is prohibited.
- Tickets, passes, or season passes are valid for the dates shown on the ticket, pass or season pass only and are good for all entertainment, shows, craft showcases, rides, attractions, and festivals, as applicable, but do not include games, parking, and separately ticketed concerts and attractions (provided, however, parking may be included when purchasing certain season passes at specific Properties, see the applicable website and description of the applicable Item for details).
- Tickets, passes, and season passes will be confiscated if altered in any way.
- Tickets, passes, and season passes allow holders admission to Properties only during operating hours of the applicable Property. Operating hours of Properties are subject to change without notice.
- Properties, entertainment, shows, craft showcases, rides, attractions, and festivals, as applicable may be closed due to maintenance, special events, or weather without notice and without liability to Herschend.
- Special events, concerts, ticketed attractions, certain games, and parking may require a separate ticket.
- Weapons (including guns) and the use of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited at all Properties and at all times during participation in any activity led, organized, arranged, promoted, and/ or sponsored by Herschend, whether on the Properties or elsewhere (collectively, “Herschend Activities”).
- A ticket, pass, or season pass is a revocable license which may be revoked by Herschend and such ticket, pass, or season pass may be confiscated by Herschend with no refund of any amount paid therefor. Upon such revocation or confiscation, the applicable person shall have no right to remain in, on, or about the Property. Violation of applicable laws or Herschend's rules and/or regulations will result in revocation, confiscation, and expulsion from the applicable Property. A copy of Herschend's rules and regulations is available upon request.
- Conduct that is disorderly, disruptive, or in poor taste is prohibited. Clothing with inappropriate/offensive words, phrases or graphics are prohibited.
- The holder of a ticket, pass, or season pass grants Herschend the right to film, video, photograph, and take sound recordings of the holder on Property for any purpose without payment or consideration therefor.
- Herschend assumes no responsibility for accident or loss to any person in connection with the condition or use of the Property and attractions or their entrance into or departure from the Property.
- All persons, bags, and belongings in, on, or about the Property are subject to security and safety searches.
- Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss. We will arrange for shipment of the Items to you, if applicable. Please check specific delivery options available for each Item. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the Ordering process. Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the Item to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
- Returns and Refunds. Except for Items designated on the Online Service as cancellable or refundable, we will not accept a cancellation of, or a refund for, any Items once we accept your Order. For cancellable or refundable Items, please refer to the applicable cancellation and/or refund policy.
- Disclaimers of Warranties. We do not provide any warranties with respect to the Items offered on our Online Service. ALL ITEMS OFFERED ON THIS ONLINE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE ITEMS YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR ONLINE SERVICE. The limitation of liability set forth above shall: (i) only apply to the extent permitted by law and (ii) not apply to (A) liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct and (B) death or bodily injury resulting from our acts or omissions.
- Safety Measures Related to COVID-19 & Other Infectious and/or Communicable Diseases. We have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the "CDC"), health organizations, and appropriate government agencies. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Properties and during your participation in any Herschend Activities. The added safety measures include the following: (A). Touchless temperature screenings will be conducted prior to admittance to any of the Properties or participation in any Herschend Activities. Anyone displaying a temperature of 100. 40 Fahrenheit or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Individuals with a temperature exceeding 100.40 Fahrenheit will not be permitted entry or participation. Refunds or rain checks may be offered, at the discretion of Herschend. By purchasing an admission ticket(s) and/or pass(es) and entering the Properties or participating in any Herschend Activities, you are acknowledging and confirming on your behalf, and on behalf of any individual who uses the admission ticket(s) and/or pass(es) you purchased (including any minor children), that you submit to your temperature being taken prior to entry. (B). All individuals present on any of the Properties or participating in any Herschend Activities (each a “Guest”) must, to the extent possible, maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from any individual that is not a part of their immediate household (“Physical Distancing”). All Guests 3 years of age and older are required to wear face coverings when visiting the Properties and while participating in any Herschend Activities. Guests are required to wear face coverings at all times, except in specific situations as identified on the Properties. The use of face coverings should not be seen as a substitute for Physical Distancing. (C). Guests are required to follow the directional signage which has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the Properties, and any ground markings which will help promote proper Physical Distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
Express Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability. Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend the Properties or participate in any Herschend Activities. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit to the Properties or participation in any Herschend Activities.
This Section 9 is an acknowledgement and voluntary express assumption of risk and release of liability as it relates to the risks of being exposed to or contracting COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any strains, variants, or mutations thereof), the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or any other communicable and/or infectious disease, while visiting the Properties or participating in any Herschend Activities. By purchasing an admission ticket(s) and/or pass(es) and entering the Properties or participating in any Herschend Activities, you are acknowledging and confirming on your behalf, and on behalf of any individual who uses the admission ticket(s) and/or pass(es) you purchased to enter the Properties or participate in any Herschend Activities (including any minor children), both now and in the future, that you understand and voluntarily expressly assume the risk that during your visit or participation you may be exposed to COVID-19,the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. You expressly understand that these risks include contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases and the associated dangers, medical complications and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. You further acknowledge and understand that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated, inherent risk of being exposed to and contracting communicable and/or infectious diseases, including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, that Herschend cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit to the Properties or during participation in any Herschend Activities, and that as such, potential exposure to or contraction of COVID-19 or any other communicable and/or infectious diseases are risks inherent in your decision to visit the Properties or participate in any Herschend Activities and cannot be eliminated. You further acknowledge and understand that if you are infected with COVID-19, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or any other communicable and/or infectious disease, you may infect others you subsequently come in to contact with, even if you are not experiencing or displaying any symptoms of illness yourself, and that the risk of spreading COVID-19 to others remains even after the you depart the Properties and after the end of any Herschend Activities. The same is true for many other communicable and/or infectious diseases you may be exposed to during your visit.
You and Herschend further agree that we both intend this Section 9 to be a binding and full release of liability for negligence and/or the inherent risks associated with visiting the Properties or participating in any Herschend Activities during an epidemic or pandemic with respect to any controversy, claim or dispute that may arise out of or during your visit to the Properties or participation in any Herschend Activities that is related to exposure to or the contraction of any communicable and/or infectious disease, including, but not limited to, COVID-19 or the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Specifically, you agree that:
YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, SPOUSE, GUARDIANS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND NEXT OF KIN) HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES AS DEFINED BELOW WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DEMAND OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE, EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR PERSONAL INJURIES OR WRONGFUL DEATH) THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH, OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO, EXPOSURE TO OR CONTRACTION OF A COMMUNICABLE AND/OR INFECTIOUS DISEASE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COVID-19 (OR THE CORONAVIRUS THAT CAUSES COVID-19), DURING YOUR VISIT TO THE PROPERTIES, OR DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY HERSCHEND ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE CLAIMS THAT ARISE AS A RESULT OF: (I) THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND/OR (II) THE INHERENT RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH VISITING THE PROPERTIES OR PARTICIPATION IN THE HERSCHEND ACTIVITIES DURING ANY EPIDEMIC OR PANDEMIC, INCLUDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE FORGOING RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE EXTENDS TO AND ENCOMPASSES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES OR DEMANDS THAT RELATE IN ANY WAY TO EXPOSURE TO OR CONTRACTION OF A COMMUNICABLE OR INFECTIOUS DISEASE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COVID-19, BY ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR MINOR CHILDREN AND/OR FAMILY MEMBERS, AS A RESULT OF THEIR VISITING THE PROPERTIES OR PARTICIPATION IN HERSCHEND ACTIVITIES USING TICKET(S) AND/OR PASS(ES) YOU PURCHASED OR AS A RESULT OF THEM BEING EXPOSED TO SUCH DISEASES BY YOU AFTER YOUR VISIT TO THE PROPERTIES OR PARTICIPATION IN HERSCHEND ACTIVITIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR INTENTION THAT THE FOREGOING RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE IS BEING ENTERED IN TO ON YOUR BEHALF, AS SET FORTH ABOVE, AND ALSO ON BEHALF OF ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL WHO USES AN ADMISSION TICKET AND/OR PASS PURCHASED BY YOU TO ENTER THE PROPERTIES OR PARTICIPATE IN HERSCHEND ACTIVITIES .
For purposes of this Section 9, you and Herschend agree that the “Released Parties” shall include (a) Herschend, Entertainment Company, LLC d/b/a Herschend Family Entertainment, (b) Herschend Entertainment Company, LLC d/b/a Herschend Family Entertainment’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies; (c) the respective employees, agents, shareholders and officers of the entities described in (a)-(b) above; and (d) the licensees, successors, assigns and heirs of the entities and individuals referred to in (a)-(c) above.
This acknowledgement and express assumption of risk and release of liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any part of this provision is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this provision shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, pandemic, or other public health emergencies, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration. You agree and understand that this Section is deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, satisfies the “writing” requirement of that act, applies to your purchase of an Item, and governs all claims, disputes, or controversies between you and Herschend and each and all of Herschend Entertainment Company, LLC d/b/a Herschend Family Entertainment, its subsidiaries, affiliates, providers, or its and their respective officers, directors, partners, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, service providers, advertisers, instructors, staff, successors or assigns, including but not limited to tort and contract claims, claims based upon any federal, state, or local statute, law, order, ordinance, or regulation, and claims over the applicability of this arbitration provision (collectively “Claims”). This Section can only be changed or terminated upon mutual agreement.
You understand and agree that all Claims shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration using the American Arbitration Association's (“AAA”) Commercial Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”) in effect on the date of initiation of the arbitration, except as to those AAA Rules that conflict with or differ from these Terms, by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with said rules at a location within Fulton County, Georgia. Any controversy concerning whether a dispute is arbitral shall be determined by the arbitrator(s) and not by the court. In arbitration, as with a court, the arbitrator must honor the terms of these Terms and may award the prevailing party damages and other relief (including attorneys’ fees).
HOWEVER, WITH ARBITRATION: (A) THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY, (B) THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS AND ARBITRATION OUTCOME ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY RULES, AND (C) JUDICIAL REVIEW OF THE ARBITRATION OUTCOME IS LIMITED.
Each party to the arbitration will have the right, at its own expense, to be represented by an attorney or other advocate of its own choosing. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but, if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Herschend to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section to be enforceable, then Herschend will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision must consist of a written statement stating the disposition of each Claim of the dispute and must provide a statement of the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and any award (if any) is based. Judgment on the arbitration decision and award (if any) may be entered in or by any court that has jurisdiction over the parties pursuant to Section 9 of the Federal Arbitration Act.
NO CLASS ACTION MATTERS. You agree that disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party, such as class action claims or private attorney general representative actions, with the exception of representative claims solely for injunctive relief brought under unfair competition law. If any provision of this arbitration provision is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision shall be severable from the remainder of this paragraph, which shall remain fully enforceable. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM FOR ALLEGED DAMAGES ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND A WAIVER OF THE ABILITY TO PURSUE YOUR CLAIM IN A CLASS ACTION.
You may elect to pursue your claim in small-claims court rather than arbitration if you provide us with written notice of your intention do so within 60 days of your purchase. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to your individual dispute or controversy.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Online Service is operated from the US. All disputes arising out of or related to the purchase and sale of the Item and these Terms, as permitted following the mandatory arbitration described above, shall be brought in the state courts in Atlanta, Georgia, or federal courts in the Northern District of Georgia, and you hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue thereof. These Terms will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law principles.
- Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 14 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
- No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Herschend.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
To You. Any notice from Herschend that is directed to you shall be delivered (i) by posting to the Online Service, (ii) by mail to the mailing address you provided us at the time of Registration, or (iii) by email to the email address you provided us at the time of Registration. Notice shall be deemed given immediately upon posting to the Online Services, (ii) twenty four (24) hours after email is sent, unless we are notified that the email address is invalid or, (iii) in the case of notice sent via mail, three (3) business days after the date of mailing.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.