Ohana Bay Progress
Big changes are happening at Splash Island in 2017: it's getting BIGGER, WETTER and drenching your summer days with even more FUN! The new fun begins April 1st when Splash Island Waterpark and the brand new Ohana Bay open for 2017. We're so excited that we can't wait to show you what's sure to be your new favorite part of Wild Adventures! Watch as we splash you with weekly updates on Ohana Bay's progress RIGHT HERE.
- Ohana is the Hawaiian word for family. We're calling it OHANA BAY, but you'll call it a water-soaked escape your family can't get enough of!
- It's an all-new area in Splash Island Waterpark beside Hakini Rapids and Kona Cliffs
- 5 of the 7 slides are just right for the smaller surfers in your group to race to the big splash!
- The bigger kids can speed down slides with 200 feet of twisting, turning fun from 27 feet high
- Mom and dad can kick back and relax in additional seating around the Bay while they watch the kids having a great time.
Room to Grow!
Your whole family can grow up with us here all while you watch on as the memories are made! And the new shade and seating under 100-foot umbrellas makes the on-looking that much better! There’s an adventure for every age at Ohana Bay making it a gnarly starting spot for your group before venturing on to the bigger water adventures of Hakini Rapids and Kona Cliffs right next to your family’s new favorite oasis. It’s the PERFECT to spot to grow together.
A closer look…
Here’s a closer look at the BIG SPLASH your family will make at Ohana Bay this summer! The smaller swimmers in your group will love our fast-paced, racer-ready Alani Falls with quick, short drops to the shallow splash deck. And if speed is what you’re looking for, faster thrills await you on the 50-foot Polu Plunge gushing 150 gallons of cool water per minute!
On to Bigger Things.
Once they’ve mastered the rush of those waves, your grade school guppies compete for thrills and chills on the quick turns of the Oma Oma O Racers while the Big Kahunas get spun in almost 1,500 gallons of water per minute in a back to back compound of curves on our Uli Uli Twisters!
Installing the Pipes
We're trying to pipe down and contain our excitement... it's all coming together so beautifully and we can't wait to see you playing in the bay! Soon, these 20ft pipes will be pumping about 4,000 gallons PER MINUTE through Ohana Bay. They play the important role of supplying and returning the 16,000 gallons of water throughout the bay and are being placed in the ground this week!